A township and manor within the parish of Treeton , mostly the property of Sir S. R. Sitwell and contains 134 souls and about 1100 acres.
Trades in 1856
William Barrowclough, Wheelwright
Thomas Heeley, Shoemaker
Thomas Skelton, Vict, Rising Deer, and Shopkeeper
Joseph Street, Blacksmith and Farrier
Mr. James Wilson, Joiner and etc.
Mr. John Wilson, Wheelwright
Source:Sheffield Directory of 1856