Lord of Brampton
Hunter comments:Mr Alletson, tenant of the Lord's estate at Wickersley, told Mr Moult that he had heard that a William Lord had 2 sons, John and William, and a daughter Sarah. The eldest son was an irregular man, and the father left the bulk of his fortune to the younger son, who, dying without issue, left it to his sister, the wife of ? Clay of Normanton (as Mr A. thinks) ; the eldest son found a will or deed by which the estates were entailed, and by a Chancery Suit obtained a decree against Clay and wife. The present Wm Lord of Tupton is descended from this eldest son, 1805
Source: Familie Minorum Gentium, Joseph Hunter
Thomas Lord of Brampton married at Laughton-en-le-Morthen December 1618 to Margaret (c.Aug.1596), daughter of Ralph (d.1635) and Margaret Hatfeild of Shire Green and Laughton-en-le-Morthen.
George Lord, yeoman, of Treeton, and Brampton, married Mary Wasse, spinster, age 24, of Conisbrough - in 1660 at either place.
George Lord of Brampton,Yeoman, age 24, married in 1663 to Elizabeth Harrision age 22 of Orgreave Hall..
William Harrison of Orgrave was the purchaser of Thomas Lord's Estate at Brampton in 1705.
He died 24 October,1699/1700 His memorial stone is in the Brampton Chapel at St. Helen's Church, Treeton. There is also a memorial to Nathaniel Lord, died 1681.
George and Elizabeth(Nee Harrison) had a son Thomas who married Prudence, mentioned in the release dated 1706:
Unexecuted release to follow lease, by Thomas Lord of Brampton, parish of Treeton, gent., William Bamforth of Darnall,
Sheffield, yeoman, William Harrison of Orgreave, Rotherham,
gent., and Elizabeth Lord , widow (mother of Thomas) to Richard Foster of Kilnhurst, Rotherham, yeoman - reciting mortgage
in fee (1701) of the premises by Thomas Lord and Prudence his wife, to Bamforth for
£500 - in consideration of £300 paid to Bamforth and £206 paid to Lord, of a messuage at Brampton in the tenure of William
Heward, lands at Brampton:
2 closes inclosed in the North Feild, the Carrs, 4 closes called Stony Hirsts, 2 closes called Kingforth, Gated Lanes with the corner thereof, Moor Lane Close, and Penny Hill Hole, and 2 closes at Aston called Aston Close and Cooper Close (total 55 acres).