Out and About
Ulley Sailing Club
- The Club was founded in 1972
- It is situated with/in Ulley Country Park.
- The Club caters for novices and experienced sailors
- The Club shares the use of it's building with the Countryside Rangers, and the Ulley Activity Centre.
- The club's website gives details about the club, events,also includes what is involved in joining a sailing club etc.It also has links to other clubs and sources of information
Ulley Country Park
Walks in and around Ulley »
- Ulley Country Park surrounds Ulley Reservoir , and hosts sailing, wildlife, fishing, walking and an education centre.
- The main recreational activities to take place at Ulley are walking and angling.
- 33 acre coarse fishery with bream, roach, perch, pike, rudd.
- Ulley Country Park is situated within the South Yorkshire Forest and just 4 miles south of Rotherham town centre on the A618.
- It is home to Ulley Sailing Club.
- Also at the country park is Ulley Activity Centre which is part of the local Education Programme
- There is a two mile walk around the park,and a footpath of the Chesterfield Canal between Worksop and West Stockwith
- The visitors centre provides refreshments, souvenirs, and fishing tackle.
- The Countryside Rangers, as well as being involved in conservation of the area, organise guided walks and various educational activities.
- Brampton raceway is situated on the Brampton straight mile, between Dinnington & Thurcroft.
- It has been situated here for more than 30 years providing Sunday motor sport for all and is well known across the country.
- There are 2 categories of races taking place throughout the season, as well as special fixtures, demolition Derby's and charity stunts.
- With ample parking, catering facilities and toilets all on site, it makes for an enjoyable day out for all the family.
- For further details visit the website.
Walks in and around Ulley
Refer also to our Rotherham, Treeton,
Whiston, and Wickersley websites.